Re: BZR error!

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: BZR error!
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:05:04 +0100

Il 04/01/2010 15.49, Andreas Schwab ha scritto:
Angelo Graziosi<address@hidden>  writes:

This means I have to re-download the full trunk?

No, just edit branch.conf and change trunk to emacs-23 in the
parent_location.

WHAT???

Sorry I do not know anything of branch.conf. I want, if possible, only to download development source, build, test and report if I find problems. With CVS this was simple:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/emacs co -P emacs

and

cd emacs
cvs up -dP

Now it is much complicated!

Since this morning the following do not work any more and produce same errors:

$ bzr branch --stacked http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/trunk emacs-trunk
bzr: ERROR: Transport error: Server refuses to fulfill the request (403 Forbidden) for http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/trunk/.bzr/branch-format

$ bzr checkout --lightweight http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/trunk emacs-trunk bzr: ERROR: Transport error: Server refuses to fulfill the request (403 Forbidden) for http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/trunk/.bzr/branch-format

YOU need to say people how to get in simple way Emacs dev. source, not how to complicate their life. I need source only to build etc. not to became e developer!

At least your wiki page should be rewritten!

Perhaps you should set up an rsync so that who needs only source have a simple way to obtain it (TeXLive peolpe have, for example).

Thanks,
Angelo.

PS - What have we gained migrating from CVS to BAZAAR? Why not SVN, which is simpler than BAZAAR?