Re: Bzr document unclear. There is no "conflict markers".

From: Bojan Nikolic
Subject: Re: Bzr document unclear. There is no "conflict markers".
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 15:24:15 +0000

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

> If I modify one file it just shows that as modified.  I can't
> reproduce the original error.  But it still doesn't show any conflict
> markers:
>
> % bzr merge
> bzr: ERROR: Working tree "/home/jhd/src/bzr/emacs/fixes/" has
> uncommitted changes (See bzr status).
>

> I kind of expected merge to merge changes without me having to check
> in into the quickfix branch first.  Is there such a command?

If I understand correctly, you want to first make edits to the files
that make up your fix, then merge, and then make one commit which
records all of this. You should be able to do that by passing the
--force option to merge (from man bzr):

   bzr merge [LOCATION]

           --force                   Merge even if the destination tree has
                                     uncommitted changes.

I think it is usually better do the merge first (and resolve any
possible conflicts) before making the edits that make up your fix. If
you follow this procedure then there should be no need to --force.

Best,
Bojan

--
Bojan Nikolic          ||          http://www.bnikolic.co.uk