Re: Interactive hat.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Interactive hat.
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 01:44:26 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> So I think you're arguing that a property can only properly describe the
>> name part of a symbol.
>
> Yes.
>
>> Or, maybe, just maybe, using properties in the customary way isn't such a
>> bad hack after all.  :-)
>
> They're convenient hacks.  But when the property can be put directly on
> the object, it's usually preferable.

Based on my years of experience with CUA-mode, I fully agree with Alan.
Using symbol property + dedicated pre/post hooks is IMHO superior to
interactive-hat for several reasons (that I gave a long time ago).

But I've given up that battle - as long as CUA-mode seems to keep working
despite the ^ thingy, I'm indifferent to how its done in "standard" emacs.