Re: Accepting and returning multiple values in 'cl

From: Dave Goel
Subject: Re: Accepting and returning multiple values in 'cl
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:05:46 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Do you mind if I fix these bugs with cl-compat.el and reimplement its
>> m-v functions?
>
> Of course, not (tho, since we're in pretest, we won't be able to
> install such changes immediately).

I wanted to make my cl-multiple.el not overwrite emacs' default
bindings - I believe that merely loading a library should not change
the way a user's emacs functions.. So I capitalized everything, just
as cl-compat does.

..with the end result being that it is a replacement for cl-compat.

Its docs provide an easy way to get rid of the (rare) m-v
gotchas. "the TWO RULES to make m-v work correctly". It has better
error checking, warning, etc. For example, M-x
Cl-internal-test-08-gotchas-warn, and its corrected version 8b.

See also the function cl-multiple-install, and the 25 tests at the
end.

http://www.gnufans.net/~deego/emacspub/lisp-mine/cl-multiple/dev/cl-multiple.el