Re: NS: ns-expand-space / slider in Preferences dialog not functional

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: NS: ns-expand-space / slider in Preferences dialog not functional
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:04:23 +0900

Adrian Robert <address@hidden> writes:
> But now that the situation is what it is I stand by what I say above: it
> doesn't interfere with anything in core emacs (as it is / should  be
> additive with line-spacing), users benefit from it, and others can  use
> it to try and see whether it's something that would be worth  having on
> X and W32.  There's no benefit to removing it.

We do not want to have to keep supporting multiple redundant interfaces
if we can help it, especially system-dependent ones.

If we don't _remove_ it, but it appears likely that it will merged with
the generic emacs interface (and it that certainly appears like the best
option to me), then at least we shouldn't _advertise_ it (and should
instead put in the doc "don't depend on this, it will go away in the
future").

-Miles

--
Genealogy, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not
particularly care to trace his own.