Re: smartquotes.el -- Insertion of unicode quotes in text documents

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: smartquotes.el -- Insertion of unicode quotes in text documents
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:12:40 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

>     I think this might need a way to have several Quail methods active at
>     once.

> You may be right.  Handa-san, can you implement that easily?

Activating multiple input methods itself won't be that
difficult, but there are many subtle matters to be solved.

What kind of user interface should be provided for
activating and deactivating multiple input methods?
What to do for C-h C-\?
What to show in the modeline?
etc.

I need more time to consider it.

By the way, merging multiple quail maps is the different
thing, and is very difficult considering the current
stracture of a quail map.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden