Re: [DIFFS] Re: Connection to emacs CVS broken ?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [DIFFS] Re: Connection to emacs CVS broken ?
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:02:37 +0900

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
>  > We are suggesting _replacing_ the ,v files en-mass, which is most
>  > certainly safe; why do you think otherwise?
>
> If you're replacing them en-mass why is Richard asking someone to write a
> scriptwhich can be used to determine the difference between two ,v files, as a
> set of commits plus their log entries?

Because we want to be 100% sure of what we're getting -- though there's
no reason to believe the rsynced files are anything other than what's
claimed, for something as important as repository, one wants proof
positive.

-Miles

--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff