Re: Blinking Cursor

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Blinking Cursor
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:50:22 +0100

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

>> ...mouse-3 would not help them, because they would need to read the docs
>> before finding out about it.
>
> No but it might help those who have already read the docs.

Those will be better served with the command line option or the
configuration variable.

>  > Moreover, mouse-3 is already taken for other purposes.
>
> Not to give in (too) easily:
>
>     (let ((click-posn (posn-point (event-start click)))
>         ;; Don't let a subsequent kill command append to this one:
>         ;; prevent setting this-command to kill-region.
>         (this-command this-command))
>       (if (and (not mark-active)
>              (eq (point) click-posn)) (blink-cursor-mode))
>
> What does it interfere with now?

I think this is one of the cases that does not warrant extended
traffic on the list, simply because it has no chance of getting
supported by more than one person.

If anybody except Nick considers clicking on the cursor as an
interface for stopping it from blinking a good idea, please speak up.
Other than that, let us call this case closed.