Re: address@hidden: C++-mode: Syntax highlighting: wrong color for funct

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: address@hidden: C++-mode: Syntax highlighting: wrong color for function identifier depending on the kind of whitespace that follows]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:00:06 -0500

>     All the consecutive chars with a non-nil font-lock-multiline property
>     will always be re-fontified together.  E.g. if it is put on three
>     consecutive lines, a modification on any of the three lines will cause
>     all three to be re-fontified.

> Is there a way they can use font-lock to install these properties
> when necessary, automatically?

You can add those properties "manually" from the font-lock-keywords.

You can also set the font-lock-multiline property so as to tell font-lock to
try and add this property automatically: if a font-lock keyword's match
extends over more than one line, font-lock will then add
a font-lock-multiline property over the whole match.

> Could you write documentation for this feature to put into
> lispref/modes.texi?

I don't have much time for it right now, but I'll keep it in mind,

        Stefan