Re: Hourglass only for X-windows?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Hourglass only for X-windows?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:44:30 +0000

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

From: "Lennart Borgman" <address@hidden>
I have implemented code for hourglass on w32 now (or rather I should say
Dave Hunter has done it, I just did a small amount of typing). Could we
please get a decision on the issue above so that it is possible to get this
working with the CVS code? (The hourglass code in keyboard.c is currently
only called if HAVE_X_WINDOWS is defined.)

I suggest adding WINDOWSNT to HAVE_X_WINDOWS in the condition for
calling the hourglass code.  Would that resolve the issue?

HAVE_NTGUI is better than WINDOWSNT here, I think.

I don't think anyone has tried compiling on WINDOWSNT without GUI since about 1995, and it probably doesn't work anymore, but we should at least try not to make it worse in case someone wants to put the effort into making a command-line only Emacs for W32
again.