Re: Item for TODO?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Item for TODO?
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:52:26 -0500

    I would like to see some of the toolbar functionality available to text-only
    terminals but do not want to do the work.

    Is it a generally desirable feature and can I add it to TODO? My angle is
    to improve Emacs capability as a debugger on a text-only terminal.

I don't see the point.  People who use text-only terminals normally
do so because they prefer text commands.

There is no way to display images, so a "tool bar" would have to have
textual names, and then they might as well be in the menu bar.  (A
menu bar item doesn't have to lead to a menu.  It can execute a
command directly.  Using submenus is just the usual practice.)

Either way, you would have to invoke them with keys.  So why not just
bind the keys instead?