Re: Bug in Info - can use mouse to click links (w32)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Bug in Info - can use mouse to click links (w32)
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 22:22:45 -0500

    > Left-clicking with the mouse on a link in Info does not follow the link. I
    > suppose they should so I consider this an error.

    FWIW, this is by design.  In Emacs, mouse-2 follows a link (any link,
    including those in Dired, *Help* and *Compilation* buffers, etc.).

Since we have decided to make mouse-1 follow links,
and have implemented this for most kinds of links,
we ought to implement it for these links as well
unless there is some specific problem in doing so.