Re: Bug in Info - can use mouse to click links (w32)

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Bug in Info - can use mouse to click links (w32)
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 20:05:21 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden>

> > Left-clicking with the mouse on a link in Info does not follow the link.
> > suppose they should so I consider this an error.
>
> FWIW, this is by design.  In Emacs, mouse-2 follows a link (any link,
> including those in Dired, *Help* and *Compilation* buffers, etc.).
>
> > The links at the top of the Info pages are an exception. Left-clicking
with
> > the mouse on those follows the links.
>
> Also by design.

Thanks, but I think this is confusing, both because the links behaves
differently and because it differs from what other GUI:s (web browsers) do.
I believe the documentation GUI should be as intuitive as possible if we
want to attract new users.

I did not follow the discussion previously all the way. I however got the
impression that the points above where important.

BTW is mouse-2 the middle button? As previously many have pointed out there
are no such button on very many pc:s.