Re: Getting more info on a variable in Customize buffers

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Getting more info on a variable in Customize buffers
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:54:10 -0600 (CST)

David Kastrup wrote:

   AFAIR, set-variable by now obeys the :set function.  So everything
   that is user-visible behaves consistent.

No, that was never implemented.  I do not know whether we still want
to implement it before the 21.4 release.  It does not seem very
difficult for setting default values, but setting buffer local values
still would not call the :set functions (because :set functions are
designed to set _default_ values and hence often can not be used to
set buffer local values).  So it would definitely not make everything
user-visible consistent, even if implemented.

Sincerely,

Luc.