Re: Info enhancements

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: 15 Dec 2003 08:01:53 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:35:35 -0500
>
>     * Implemented a new `S' command suggested by Eli.  This command is
>       bound to a new function `Info-search-case-sensitively' that searches
>       for a regexp case-sensitively.  The `Info-search-next' uses the case
>       of a previous `Info-search' or `Info-search-case-sensitively' command.
>
> It would be more consistent with the rest of Emacs to make the user
> interface be to specify this with a capital letter in the regexp.

I think these are two independent features.  (The stand-alone reader
supports both.)  The problem is that sometimes you may wish to find an
all-lowercase string in a case-sensitive fashion; starting the regexp
with a capital letter doesn't help in that case.

>     * Added a new keybinding "/" for `Info-search-next' (suggested by Reiner).
>
> I think that `s RET' would be a good way to specify this,
> also more consistent with other search commands in Emacs.

I think `/' should be simply another binding for `Info-search', for
compatibility with the stand-alone reader.  Then, `s RET' and `/ RET'
will find the next occurrence (the former of these already works in
Emacs, and both work in the stand-alone reader).