Re: Info enhancements

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 07:04:07 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
> On Mon, Dec 01 2003, Juri Linkov wrote:
>> - rebind `M-s' key to a new function `Info-search-next' that searches
>>   for another occurrence of regular expression from a previous
>>   `Info-search' command (key `s').  Pressing only one key to repeat
>>   a search is more convenient than pressing two keys (`s RET').
>
> ACK.  I would even suggest to use an easily accessible single-key [1],
> because `Info-search-next' is used often and repeatedly.  Like `,' for
> `Info-index-next'.
>
> [1] I'm using (define-key Info-mode-map "/" "s") for this which made
> using info much more convenient for me.

On German and Scandinavian keyboards "/" is placed above the "7" key,
so still two key presses are needed to use it (shift and "7").
But M-s is not a bad choice because <META> key can be held down while
repeating pressing "s" for the next search.  Anyhow, "/" might be
bound to `Info-search-next' as well.

BTW, you didn't use the function `Info-search-next' in your key
binding.  But seems this function could be useful to add it
to the menu and describe it in the `Info-mode' docstring.

--
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/