Re: GC crashes

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: GC crashes
Date: 08 Dec 2003 00:16:40 -0500

>>> I'll try :weak `key' and check if it really works
>>> locally.  It seems that we can't commit anything for a
>>> while anyway.

>> It shouldn't make any difference in practice.

> Why?

You said that the value associated with each key is always an
integer, right?  In that case, the value is always survive_gc_p, so it will
never cause the key&value pair to be removed, so whether only `key'
or both key&value are weak shouldn't make any difference.
The only reason why I originally suggested to use `key' is that it
expresses more clearly what you want to see happen.  And it will
make a real difference if you ever decide to use values more complex than
just integers.

        Stefan