Re: Info enhancements

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 07:50:59 +0200

> Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 20:20:17 -0500
> From: address@hidden (Karl Berry)
>
> I agree.  From this discussion, the answer forming in my mind is "when
> you have a long node, and want to go to an exact location within it".
>
> And I would also say "consider splitting such a long node into several
> subnodes" -- but I realize there are cases where that is not desirable.

A typical situation is in nodes that describe command-line arguments
accepted by a program.  These nodes are quite long and essentially
present a large group of almost-unrelated short descriptions.
Splitting such a node is not very desirable, since that would harm
"info --usage".

Perhaps we should specifically recommend use of anchors in such usage
nodes.