Re: Info enhancements

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 19:56:04 -0500

    *on a completely unrelated note*, the
    strange place the stand-alone info goes to, once again seems to say:
    do not try to guess positions if you are not completely sure.
    @end unrelated

It is a judgement call.  In the case you cited, it goes to the wrong
position.  In most cases, Eli tells me, "amazingly" it goes to the right
place.

If I had written the code (Brian Fox did, it's been part of standalone
Info since early days), I probably would not have done this magic
searching, since, as we all know by now, it is a band-aid on the real
problem of subnode positioning.

If Emacs Info and standalone Info differ in this regard, I think that's
ok.  I'm not sure if I want to remove the code from sa-Info, since it's
been there so long.