Re: address@hidden: changing line heights]

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: address@hidden: changing line heights]
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:23:32 +0100

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

* international/mule-cmds.el
  (standard-display-european-internal): ... Set
  display table to use U+2018, U+2019 for `'.

This seems like an individual preference. It should be left as a user customization, not the default behaviour. Users expect to get ASCII characters when they type ASCII I think. And this could lose if the user does not have a Unicode font (I guess that is why this is conditional on XFree86-4, but someone might delete fonts they don't think they need to save disk space).