Re: address@hidden: Scroll bars]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Scroll bars]
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:32:24 -0600 (MDT)

    That's not possible. Xaw3D compiled without arrows just doesn't contain
    the code.

So you're saying that there is no way to customize the scrolling
commands so as to make Xaw3D give the LessTif-style behavior.  I am
surprised, because the differences seem to be a matter of which
command has which behavior--nothing deeper.  Does everyone else
agree that this is true?

              Maybe emacs can ignore the wrong type? Something like:

This might be an acceptable approach (i.e. better than no change) if
it gives good user-level results.

Your patch seems to reject Xaw3D when it was compiled the wrong way.
I would expect Emacs uses Xaw instead; is that correct?  If so, what
user-level scroll behavior results from that?