Re: File name completion with non-ascii filenames

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: File name completion with non-ascii filenames
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 11:39:55 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Kenichi Handa)
> Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:04:09 +0900 (JST)
>
> The case-table is setup correctly for 8-bit characters in
> each language environment.

Yes, but what about the case that the file-name-coding-system is
different from the default 8-bit character set for the current
language environment?  Will the case-conversion tables be set up
correctly then?

> So, in file_name_completion also, instead of encoding FILE,
> we should decode each filenames in the directory by
> file-name-coding-system, and use Fstring_compare.

I agree.  Richard, if you agree as well, I will make the changes in
dired.c to decode the files we get from readdir and work on multibyte
strings throughout.