Re: Changes in latin-ltx.el

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: Changes in latin-ltx.el
Date: 21 Dec 2001 16:56:57 +0000

 > Could you tell us the whole scenario, so we can understand
 > what you were trying to do and why the result was confusing?

I was trying to enter Unicode U+05D0 and I didn't get it.  I thought
that was clear.

 > That is the information we need in order to go beyond
 > "He said this, she said that" and figure out what is really right.

I'm saying what I -- as user and author of that part of the method --
experienced and intended.  I don't see how others are in a position to
argue with that, or with the fact that it was added to what
Takahashi-san did for entering Latin text characters.

 > What are the other characters defined in latin-ltx?

Lots.  You can see the ~700 I've contributed, mostly towards the
bottom of the file.  I assume no-one is going to go through them with
a fine tooth comb any more than I did.  If any prove obviously
infelicitous in use, I think they should be changed.  Similarly for
the SGML equivalents.

This is a ridiculous waste of time.