Re: debug performance problem

From: David Ponce
Subject: Re: debug performance problem
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:48:02 +0100

>     I think it would be nice if the xref stuff could be made optional.
>
> Is this because the delay is still somewhat annoying?

Yes, I found annoying that the debugger slows down when it needs
to highlight new big expressions.  IMHO speed is one of the most inportant
thing a good debugger should have.

> Or is there some other disadvantage?

No.  But IMHO the important thing here is the xref facility not
highlighting.  I think it would be better to pay only for what you
really use, and maybe a good solution would be to provide the xref
feature without highlighting?

David
Avec Voila Mail, consultez vos e-mails sur votre mobile Wap.