Re: completing-read in E21

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: completing-read in E21
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 10:35:04 -0500

> So I don't see any reason for deprecating/removing the feature which does
> have very useful purposes - and there is code depending on it!
> OTOH, I don't disagree that its use in general should be avioded.

I might be mistaken but I don't think we want to remove the
feature.  I agree that your example shows a case where it can
be useful to provide an initial-input, but you have to agree
that this is not a typical use of completing-read.

Better yet.  You could get the same behavior without using
an initial-input: do the switch (from buffer to file or vice-versa)
inside completing-read.

        Stefan