Re: [emacs-bidi] debugging visual-to-logical

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] debugging visual-to-logical
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 00:04:53 +0330 (IRT)

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:39:01 +0330 (IRT)
> > From: Behdad Esfahbod <address@hidden>
> >
> > No, this is my job to help the bidification process, just ask :).
>
> Thanks.
>
> So here's my questions again:
>
>   - Is it true that the Reference Implementation assigns to the dash
>     `-' a type that is not ET?

Yes, at least in the version that I have, I should have a look at the
latest version.

>   - Why did FriBidi change the types of `-' to ON, when there's more
>     than enough ONs in the 7-bit ASCII region?

Because we wanted to automatically test fribidi with Reference.

But don't worry, this does not cause any problems in real world, as
the CapRTL is not going to be used anywhere (well you don't want A to
have type R or AL).

It should be Asmus Freytag's typo that '-' has type ON.

BTW, you can easily edit file fribidi_char_sets_caprtl.c and set the
char types you want (like your emacs implementation), then compile it,
and run 'fribidi --caprtl' to get the output you want :)

--
Behdad
1 Azar 1380, 2001 Nov 22

[Finger for Geek Code]