Re: [emacs-bidi] Arabic implementation

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Arabic implementation
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 12:55:58 +0100

> You will still want generic characters for some charsets which have
> all their characters in the L category, no?

Hm, I guess I still don't know enough about charsets.  I just assumed
that all of them will probably contain some characters considered to
be digits, whitespace, number separators, etc.  If such characters are
then mixed with arab or hebrew, then it would be an error to assume
that all these characters are in the L category.  If there are
charsets with only letters -- no digits, no spaces, etc.  then of
course you are right.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/