Re: [emacs-bidi] Arabic implementation

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Arabic implementation
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 17:22:28 +0100

TAKAHASHI Naoto <address@hidden> writes:

> And we wrote a quail package for Arabic.
>
> You can see a screendump at http://www.m17n.org/ntakahas/arabic.png

Thanks.  It looks very interesting!

Can you tell me how to identify the characters with strong right to
left property?  (This not urgend at all.)

Currently I do the following, which doesn't cover the charset
mule-unicode-0100-24ff.

    (let ((charsets '(arabic-iso8859-6
                      arabic-digit
                      arabic-1-column
                      arabic-2-column)))
      (while charsets
        (modify-category-entry (make-char (car charsets))
                               bidi-category-r table)
        (setq charsets (cdr charsets))))

What I probably need is a string with all the characters in it which
have the right to left property.  Would that be feasible?

Something like the following for hebrew:

    (mapcar (lambda (char)
              (modify-category-entry char bidi-category-r table))
            "אבגדהוזחטיךכלםמןנסעףפץצקרשת")))

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/