eliot-dev

[Eliot-dev] [Patch] QT: Remove moc files

From: Julien Catalano
Subject: [Eliot-dev] [Patch] QT: Remove moc files
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 21:09:26 +0200

Bonjour à tous, Hello all,

I will write this email in English as I don't know the people
subscribing to this mailing-list. This is my first email to eliot
mailing lists, so let me introduce myself.
My name is Julien, I am a French embedded system Engineer, living in
the Rennes area, Britanny. I discovered eliot last Christmas and I
keep installing it on every computer I see: parent's home,
sister-in-law, ... and mine of course!

I decided to give a try to version 1.11 to see the improvements, but
it failed to compile on my fresh Ubuntu lucid  10.4 64bits. After
looking at the problem, it appears that the moc files in the qt/
folder were not generated with the same version as ubuntu's libqt.
Eliot QT version is 4.5.2 and Ubuntu Lucid is 4.6.2. So I first
regenerated those files with my QT version and all went fine. Looking
deeper, it seems that the Makefiles are made to build those moc files
from header files.

So here is my patch: remove the moc files from the source file
distribution, as they are generated by the Makefiles anyway, and
remove on make distclean as well (don't know if I made this part
correct though). It works well on my computer, and might be useful to
others, so here I am.

Let me know if you have questions or trouble with my patch.

Thanks for this great piece of software!
Julien