eev

Re: eev-beginner

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: eev-beginner
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 22:32:33 -0300

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022 at 22:18, Quiliro Ordóñez <quiliro@riseup.net> wrote:

> Hello Eduardo.
>
> I understand eev more each time I use it.  I find myself reading the
> beginner's intro from the start each time.  That has helped me review
> the basic concepts each time.  But it would also be handy to continue
> automaticaly where I left with each new start. Is there a way I can save
> the place I am at, like the Emac's tutorial does it?

Hi Quiliro,

The most eev-ish way to do what you want is to use `M-h M-h' - a.k.a.
`find-here-links' - to create an elisp hyperlink to the tutorial that
you are reading, and then refine that hyperlink and copy it to your
notes... see:

  (find-eev-quick-intro "4.1. `find-here-links'")
  http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-eev-quick-intro.html#4.1

  (find-refining-intro "2. Refining hyperlinks")
  http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-refining-intro.html#2

You can either refine it by using copy and paste in the standard way
and adding the double quotes by hand, or you can use the advanced
editing keys explained here...

  (find-refining-intro "2. Refining hyperlinks")

If you want to point to the title of the section then you will have to
do a trick to avoid copying the invisible text. This is explained in
this section of an obscure tutorial,

  (find-saving-links-intro "3.3. Invisible text")
  http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-saving-links-intro.html#3.3

and in this video:

  ;; (find-1stclassvideo-links "2021workshop4")

  ;; Title: Invisible text (workshop 2021-dec-04)
  ;; MP4:   http://angg.twu.net/eev-videos/2021-workshop-4.mp4
  ;; YT:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhpHHjBUxv8
  ;; Page:  http://angg.twu.net/2021-workshop.html
  ;; Comment: Very bad - don't watch!!!