edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] European Schoolnet and the Future Classroom Lab

From: Guido Arnold
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] European Schoolnet and the Future Classroom Lab
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 21:26:29 +0100

Hello Eleonora,

On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 10:45:37AM +0100, Eleonora Pantò wrote:

> I would like to add also this initiative just started for a map for
> italian schools using free software
>
> https://wiild.crowdmap.com/
>
> could it be interesting to enlarge to all european schools?

Yes, something like this has been on our TODO list for quite a while,
but we never got to it.

Do you know the people who run this?

And I am happy to see that the software they are using is FS [1]
(although I don't like that it requires the Google Maps API. I know
that there are ways to do it without it, but I have no expertise in
this field. Anybody else?

> my best wishes for the 2013!

Likewise! :)

Greetings,

Guido

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ushahidi

--
Guido Arnold                       Free Software Foundation Europe
http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido    []           Edu team & German team