Re: [Duplicity-talk] FTP error

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] FTP error
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 17:46:52 -0500

Adam Dixon wrote:
> Unfortunatly its a lacie, and I have little power over it but a web
> interface, the user certainly has read/write on the /backup dir, just
> not /.

I looked at a couple of Lacie manuals for their network and it does seem
to be partly borked on their end.  In FTP terms, '/' is the users home
directory, not the root of the drive.  It does not appear that Lacie
properly supports user relative paths and FTP is complaining, that it
can't reset to the user's home directory.

So, the other option is to use a URL like ftp://<lacie_ip>//backup that
will access this as an absolute directory path, in this case '/backup',
assuming thats the path to the backup directory.