[Duplicity-talk] Re: First restore failing

From: Thorsten Kampe
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Re: First restore failing
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:54:12 -0000

* Peter Schuller (Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:07:24 +0100)
> > But when I try to restore back to ~/tmp I get:
> >
> > % duplicity --no-encryption webdavs://address@hidden/backup ~/tmp/backup
>
> Can you re-run with -v9 for additional debugging output?

I will do that.

> Assuming that the previous backup command really did upload the
> files, and because your use-case is very simple, I suspect that
> whatever the problem is has to do with the webdav backend.

I'm not so sure about that. I googled for the error and there were
issues last may with the tar.py(?) file and Python 2.5 (regardless of
the backend) because of "nulls". There were patches for that in some
distribution and they should have been incorporated by now, I hope.

Thorsten