Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity Maintenance

From: Gabriel Ambuehl
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity Maintenance
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 20:59:30 +0200

On Saturday 19 May 2007 20:47:59 Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> What you want is the equivalent of an incremental backup.  That's
> possible, but if if you plan your backup strategy to do full backups on
> a reasonable basis, then there should be no file out of date by more
> than a week or so, even if an incremental is corrupted somehow.

Well a full backup of my 5GB home over a 5mbit/500kbit Cable link takes about
24h. But incremental data is perhaps 200MB which I can do in a reasonable
time.

Having the notebook run 24h each week is not really feasible to me (after all,
it means I can't take it with me a whole day!). And since duplicity sometimes
randomly stops updating it's rdiffs, I'd very much like a incremental backup
mode, myself.