Re: [Duplicity-talk] Sigh

From: Nick Austin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Sigh
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 13:43:07 -0700

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 04:33:56PM -0400, JonathanSmith wrote:
> I was hoping for some competency, so that it would be unnecessary to
> subscribe to yet another list. No such luck, so now I have to ask for
> help. I currently am being prompted "Enter passphrase for key
> '/root/.ssh/id_rsa':" for each segment of a backup that goes to the
> backup server.

You need to have an ssh-agent setup for this to work.

Check this out for an easy way to get this setup:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/keychain/index.xml

> Backup ran for about 35 hours and then stopped without indication of a
> successful full backup.

You should run one with --verbosity 9 set.

Let that run in a terminal, and when it fails, you will know what it was
doing right before the failure happened.

> following message: "Warning, found incomplete backup sets, probably left
> from aborted session No signatures found, switching to full backup."

This is just to let you know that the last backup did not work.

Thanks!