dtas-all

Re: dtas-0.15.0 "!binary" in yaml file

From: Eric Wong
Subject: Re: dtas-0.15.0 "!binary" in yaml file
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 17:38:08 +0000

Rene Maurer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is it possible to have (for example) UTF-8 data in the output instead
> of "!binary"? What is the purpose of the "!binary" constructor?

Yes.  We could add checks and convert to the users preferred
encoding.  dtas loads everything as binary by default because
tags are too varied to assumed to be UTF-8 (or ISO-8859-1).

> Sorry this may be a beginners questions as I do not know yaml at all.
>
> Besides, I have the impression that the 0.15.0 release notes are not
> available on https://80x24.org/dtas/NEWS.

Oops, will fix.  Thanks for the heads up.

I'm also not sure why your post was moderated, mailman seems to
want to encourage people to subscribe before posting; will try
to get it fixed.