dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] ILTypeIdentical

From: Simon Posnjak
Subject: [Pnet-developers] ILTypeIdentical
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:30:51 +0200

Hi,

I am still debugging the pnet on my embedded board and i have hard time
comprehending what are you trying to do in meta_types.c:514 function
ILTypeIdentical. Especially in line 539:

        if(ILType_IsPrimitive(type1))
        {
                return (type1 == type2);
        }

According to il_types.h ILType_IsPrimitive is a macro that does:

#define ILType_IsPrimitive(type)        \
                                ((((ILNativeUInt)(type)) & 0x03) == 0x01)

so this function is expanded by cpp to:

        if((((ILNativeUInt)(type1)) & 0x03) == 0x01)
        {
                return (type1 == type2);
        }

type1 is a pointer that you cast to uint and and with 0x03 to check if it is 1.
Why?
Can some body explain this to me, please. Thank you.

The problem I am seeing is that this condition is always true on my CRIS board.

                Regards Simon