dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] VSProjects directory

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] VSProjects directory
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:19:55 +1000

On Friday 23 July 2004 09:45 am, Rhys Weatherley wrote:

> Worse, since it is near-impossible to remove a directory from CVS, we will
> be stuck with it forever unless I can get the Savannah admins to manually
> remove it from the server.

The Savannah admins have removed the directory.  If you were unlucky enough to
get a copy of "VSProjects" on a previous update, you will need to manually
remove "VSProjects" from your local copy of the repository.  And then
everything should be normal again.

"fsc" on IRC suggested a better solution to the VS project issue.  Someone can
write a program to bulk-convert the *.build files into *.csproj files.
Anyone who wants to use VS can run this program to populate their local
pnetlib tree with the requisite project files.  The big advantage of this is
that the generated files will always be up to date with respect to the
*.build files.

If someone familar with VS could write this script/C# program, then I would
appreciate it.  Python, Perl, C#, C, or Bourne shell.  I don't mind which.
Your choice.  Just let me know before you check it in so that we can choose
an appropriate place for it. :-)

Cheers,

Rhys.