dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] VSProjects directory

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [Pnet-developers] VSProjects directory
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:45:29 +1000

Whoever just added the "pnetlib/VSProjects" directory to CVS, please own up.
Because it was *not* authorised.  We will not be putting VS project files in
the main CVS tree because they are unsupportable - they will always be out of
date.  If someone chooses to distribute VS project files separately, then
that is OK with me.  But not in the main tree.

By adding that directory, you have just made my life very difficult.  VS users
will see that directory, expect that it contains something useful, and then
complain bitterly to me when it does not work.

Worse, since it is near-impossible to remove a directory from CVS, we will be
stuck with it forever unless I can get the Savannah admins to manually remove
it from the server.

Before adding a directory to CVS, it is vital that you consult me first.

Cheers,

Rhys.