[DotGNU]Portable.NET status 21 June 2002

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Portable.NET status 21 June 2002
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:44:49 +1000

The last week has been fairly productive.  I've been knocking
down the TODO's in the runtime engine, particularly for the
missing internalcall methods.

I'm currently working on delegate support in the runtime
engine.  But don't get too excited yet - PInvoke closures
and multicast delegates are still TODO.  And I need to
add the required semantics to the C# compiler.  But that
should be finalized in the next few days.

There's a new documentation tool, csdoc2hier, which can
be used on the ECMA's XML specification to dump a full
class hierarchy.  Very useful for seeing the relationship
between the standard classes.

A handful of bugs and platform issues have also been fixed.

On the pnetlib side, I have begun adding support for
profiles to the C# library.  Eventually, this will allow
us to build stripped-down versions of the library for
use in embedded environments.  The profile is chosen
when pnetlib is configured.  For example:

    ./configure --with-profile=full
or
    ./configure --with-profile=ecma

Check the CVS server for the latest updates.  There is no
official release this week.

Cheers,

Rhys.