Re: [DotGNU]Pnet and scripting (python angle)

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Pnet and scripting (python angle)
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 16:11:36 +0530

If memory serves me right, Gopal V wrote:
> I would still like to ask rhys about a VM via Python (like it uses GTK)
> angle of things.

Well do I have news or what ?....

VM via python is possible (no, not *easy* .. but possible)....

What I have here is a first step I have made towards scripting IL...

The attatched python program , starts the pnet VM and runs the
new System.String('H',12) ...

Due to the problems constructing va_arg for the pnet methods ( libffi ?),
I have decided to let this go down into the bit bucket .....

OTOH, I didn't want this much work gone to waste ... so here it is .
Showing how "tough" scripting IL can be (for the VM hacker)

Gopal

PS: read makefile before compiling, may need some mods