Re: My Favorite soapbox : XML linkage (was Re: [DotGNU]Jabber-thon)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: My Favorite soapbox : XML linkage (was Re: [DotGNU]Jabber-thon)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 04:14:56 -0600 (MDT)

    What miguel didn't say in this mail, but said in other mails on the same
    topic, is that he would change the license of MCS from GPL to GPL +
    linking exception (I think the same kind of exception pnetlib uses) to
    allow it's use in our corlib library (if it's actually needed: it

That changes everything -- with that exception, this usage would
clearly be permitted, and it would not raise any controversy about the
GPL.  So there is no need for me to enter the discussion.

Thanks.