Re: `freeing' proprietary software (was Re: [DotGNU]Open ContentNetwork

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: `freeing' proprietary software (was Re: [DotGNU]Open ContentNetwork: Free Software P2P)
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 13:22:21 -0400

Angel \"Java\" Lopez wrote:

> Hmmm....... food particles can be shared, but not copied without effort....
> This is an important difference in bits and bytes....

Yes, which ultimately means that there should be fewer restrictions on
copying bits and bytes because their natural inclination and function is
to be explicitely copied in the first place.

That's an important physical difference, but I was referring to
conceptual difference -- of which there is none.  What you have
described, conceptually, is a loophole - not core conceptual difference
in sharing.

But, yes - it does affect it.  Just not in the way that most people
think about it.

        -Barry