Re: [DotGNU] more hpux issues

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] more hpux issues
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 12:44:48 +1000

James Mc Parlane wrote:

> If someone can give me a quick
> lesson in what I have to do then I would not mind attempting to fix this.

Try adding "isfinite" to the list of functions detected
by configure.in.  e.g.

AC_CHECK_FUNCS(isnan isinf finite isfinite fmod strtod mmap munmap
getpagesize)
                                  ^^^^^^^^

Then do autoheader, ./auto_gen.sh, re-configure and make.
You will also need to modify test_float.c and cvm_arith.c
to use HAVE_ISFINITE.

Give that a try.  It may just work.  If not, then I'll
need to do some autoconf magic to get the right macros
defined prior to including <math.h>.  Lots of guru
meditation, don't try this at home, etc.

> - pnetlib cored during make
>         /fish/src/pnet/pnetlib/../pnet/ilalink/ilalink: exited with signal
> 11 (core dumped)

Send me the stack backtrace in gdb.  i.e. launch
"gdb ilalink core" and type "bt".  That will get
me started.  It's probably just some dumb endian
or alignment issue.

In any case, let's try to get the runtime engine
running on the tests in "pnet/samples" first, and
we can tackle the compiler toolchain later.

Cheers,

Rhys.