Re: [DotGNU]This year's LSM, and a bit more on a letter by a Peruvian co

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]This year's LSM, and a bit more on a letter by a Peruvian congressman to MS defending the Peruvian Free Software bill
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 15:11:03 -0400

I had a fairly lengthy discussion with a few of the people involved in this while I was in Brasil. I would be happy to discuss this further seperately. I think it is being discussed now in a number of lists where this is more appropriate topic. I had also been asked to visit Peru and speak before their government in early July, so I may be below the equator again then. Incidently, at both the Bristol Software Conference and at this year's Libre Software Meeting in Bordeaux I will be speaking about DotGNU and at the latter (LSM) I would be happy if we can get some additional speakers to provide DotGNU related presentations. If anyone wishes to do this, please send an abstract to me. I am chairing a topic again at the LSM, and so would be the initial contact for organizing any such presentations.

David

S11001001 wrote:

I normally wouldn't get all excited about following a link posted on slashdot, but this is just beautiful!

http://www.gnu.org.pe/resmseng.html (funny where it's hosted huh!)

BTW, the `bill' requires all Peruvian government agencies to use only Free Software.