Re: [DotGNU]some pnet kewl graphics

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]some pnet kewl graphics
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 19:11:34 +0530

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 07:03:17AM -0400, Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

> Anyway, slick graphic Gopal - what's the background on the nut, anyway?

/me has a flashback to the DotGNU meet-a-thon (dotgnu.org/dgmeet4-5.log.gz)

<FrePort> Wonders whether a Pnet logo should be a visual pun off the
          rough cognate "peanut"

The idea of the peanut cameup.... along with a lot of talk about Rhys
working for "peanuts" and all that...

As for "Hacking the nut......", I wrote "cracking the nut" initially --
but changed it to remove the "cracking" involved.

Also "Pnet" sounds like "Pnut" ..... (PUN Accidental)

Also the half-done JVM support made me put that 'J' there -- which is
likely to remain there for some time :)

> (DotGNU is full of nuts?)
> (Damn I'm nuts to be here!)
> (We're all nuts, but we're trapped together?)

All of which are quite excellent reasons as far as I am concerned :)

Gopal