Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU FAQ

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU FAQ
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 09:33:20 -0800 (PST)

--- tali streit <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, 2001-11-24 at 02:55, Norbert Bollow wrote:
> > I've done more work on the DotGNU FAQ.  Here is
> the revised version...
>
> That looks like it was a lot of work... kudos.
.
.

> as a suggestion, adding a question such as "Can i
> make money using
> dotGNU?" would be quite important.
> perhaps an entire section devoted to answering
> questions along those
> lines. "Can i charge for a dotGNU webservice?", "Am
> i obligated to give
> away my webservice source code?" (related to 1.10,
> but with a clear "not
> if it is not under GPL"), "do i have to pay to use
> dotGNU?", "what do i
> need to get to use dotGNU?", "Can i sell plugins for
> SEE or DEE?"
>
> and my favourite question: "how can i see dotGNU in
> action?" :)

These are good questions to add.  I would also suggest
that we add questions (and answers presumably) about
how dotgnu is of value in reducing the customer's
cost.(I say this in the belief that the real economic
value of FS/OS software is in reducing the users
expenses, not in increasing the vendors revenue.)