Re: [DotGNU]IM services ?

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]IM services ?
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:37:57 -0500 (EST)

While even I do not know if we would go into this area directly in DotGNU,
I certainly have some ideas, interest, and plans that do revolve around
"instant communications", which essentially is the notion that anyone can
communicate with anyone anywhere via ip telephony as well as messaging,
coupled with the notion that voice "assistants" and other automatic
systems could make use of such an infrastructure to communicate with
people directly.  For bringing IC services forward, we also require a free
software infrastructure, and one where ideally most of the development in
this area can be protected under the GPL.  IC is actually part of a
specific unannounced package (well, I guess it is announced now) based on
GNU ccRTP to create a universal GNU ip phone client.

David