Re: [DotGNU]Re:DotGNU]Web transports

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re:DotGNU]Web transports
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:12:29 -0800 (PST)

Well, one things for sure  --  Web Services is
certainly an ambiguous term.  I must confess that I am
assuming the term to mean some kind of exchange
between
applications accross any network connection not
requiring user intervention.  RPC's would be a clear
example.  (A line between this and a classic
client-server exchange would be hard to draw, and
perhaps irrelivant.)

Perhaps I am thinking too narrowly, but if Web Service
means everything transpoted on the internet, then it
is a meaningless term for discussion.

When you talk about using existing services that
deliver a display oriented http page, are you thinking
of parsing the unique data out of the page body or
just using it as is?