dmidecode-devel

[dmidecode] dmidecode 2.8 to be released soon

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: [dmidecode] dmidecode 2.8 to be released soon
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 21:40:57 +0100

Hi all,

It's been almost 6 months now that dmidecode 2.7 has been released. The
most important changes since then are as follows:

dmidecode:
* More --string options.
* Support IPMI interface type SSIF.

vpddecode:
* Many new IDs added to the lookup table.
* New command line option --string, works like dmidecode.
* Improved compatibility.

I plan to release version 2.8 within the next two weeks. I would
welcome any tester of the current CVS version. Please report if
anything doesn't look right, be it a compilation or runtime issue. In
particular, I am interested in reports about the command line interface
(both dmidecode and vpddecode) and IBM systems (vpddecode).

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare